Manor Excel Academy provides an accelerated learning environment, eagerly meeting the needs of many types of students.
Whether families reside in Manor ISD or come from outside the district, we offer an opportunity to break free of the traditional high school setting and overcome any barriers individual goals.
Manor Excel Academy is a school of choice, which means students must submit an application, be interviewed by the principal with a parent, and then, receive notification of acceptance into the program before enrollment can occur.
Manor Mavericks come from all walks of life. Characteristics of a Manor Maverick include the following:
- Students in good standing who would simply like a smaller setting
- Students in good standing who would like to graduate earlier than their cohort date
- Students who need flexible scheduling due to employment needs
- Students who need flexible scheduling and pacing due to dual enrollment at ACC
- Students who need flexible scheduling due to courses at the Career Certification Center
- Students in good standing who need to recover and accelerate credits to graduate
- have completed at least 6 credits
- not have discipline concerns
- complete an application
- currently have and be able to maintain 90% attendance
- sign a contract detailing their commitment to the program
- be able to keep pace with accelerated coursework
- have a student-parent-administrator meeting in which parents sign a contract acknowledging their role in the education of their child and agree to support their efforts through frequent parent/teacher meetings if the student is not meeting school expectations